Department: Agarose Manufacturing
Reports To: Head of Engineering AMF
Who Are We
Purolite is the world leader in resin-based separation, purification and extraction technologies, with R&D and manufacturing facilities in several key locations around the world, including the UK, USA, China and Romania. We provide innovative solutions to global pharmaceutical, power, hydrometallurgy, electronics, ground water and Life Sciences industries.
Purolite Life Sciences is a rapidly growing division of Purolite, employing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to support cutting-edge applications in the production of vital medicines, nutraceuticals, foods, beverages and cosmetics. As a global business we pride ourselves on ensuring staff are given the autonomy to thrive in their respective areas and an entrepreneurial, free-thinking culture is encouraged in all functions of the Life Sciences division.
Why Choose Purolite
- A world-leading international organization, benefitting from a diverse, multinational team
- A fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly growing environment
- Manufacture of high-quality technical products, developed hand-in-hand with leading minds in the industry
- Entrepreneurial workplace culture with a flat management structure, encouraging new approaches and ideas
Purolite is looking for a dynamic Process Engineer to work in the new UK manufacturing facility producing agarose resin products in accordance to ISO9001 and pharmaceutical standards. The role offers a unique opportunity to grow and develop as a Process Engineer and establish a career within an industry leading company.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to own and manage large capital projects for increasing production capacity and making improvements in efficiencies. The role will provide the candidate with a unique experience to have responsibilities in projects from the outset.
The candidate must have a pragmatic, adaptable and hands on approach to working in the facility. They must be articulate, enthusiastic, hard-working with a great attention to detail. The role will interface with Production Operators, Engineers, Scientists and Senior Management. Full training will be provided.
- Become a key part of the manufacturing and engineering team.
- Coordinate and deliver projects for the scale up of laboratory, pilot plant and existing manufacturing processes as aligned with the rapid business growth objectives.
- Achieve plant wide improvements for all aspects of operations with an emphasis on quality and H&S by monitoring the agarose manufacturing process.
- Work with the maintenance department and production operators to identify process improvements and troubleshooting to establish a robust manufacturing system.
- Interact with suppliers and manufacturers of equipment.
- Ensure plant operations adhere and comply with Purolite’s management systems in line with the standards ISO9001; ISO14001 & ISO18001).
- Interact with other scientists, engineers, plant operators, sales team and other Purolite employees.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the management of the company.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Process/Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Awareness of H&S and Process Safety topics (DSEAR, ATEX, Risk Assessment).
- High level of competency with MS Office
- Willingness to work in a hands-on environment
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience (University placement or similar), ideally the candidate will possess additional high value experience.
- Work as a self-starter as part of a growing team
- Highly numerate, technically minded and analytical, with a love of problem solving and the ability to balance creativity with logic.
- Experience working with chemicals of varying hazards.
There is a life assurance which is 4 x the salary, enrolment in pension scheme, employee benefits package.
Should you have any interest with the position please send your details (resume, C.V.) to firstname.lastname@example.org