Hours of Work: 6am to 6pm with 1 hour lunch
Reports To: Agarose Pilot Plant Supervisor
Purolite is a leading manufacturer of Agarose resin and due to expansion is hiring
Production Scientist for day shift and night shift positions.
About the role
The Lab. technician will be:
- Producing agarose resin products in accordance to ISO9001 and pharmaceutical standards.
- Carrying out all work procedures properly, reliably and safely
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks as required by the Management of the company
- The process involves state of the art equipment to successfully manufacture high value specialty products.
The Lab. Technician must be willing to learn new skills and take on a new and exciting challenge.
- Able to manually handle raw materials, products and equipment up to 25 kg.
- Handle hazardous chemicals in accordance to strict H&S policies.
- Basic computer competency.
- Production experience in a pharmaceutical, chemical, laboratory or food environment is desirable.
- A degree in chemistry (or similar) is desirable)
- Access to own transport.
The position is 4 days on, 4 days off, 6.30am to 6.30pm. You will be able to join the pension scheme (details of which are given when the employee starts his/her position).
There is a life assurance which is 4 x the salary.
Salary: hourly rate of £12.53
Saturday Basic x 1.5 - 6.00am to 6.00pm
Sunday Basic x 1.5 - 6.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday Basic x 1.75 - 6.00pm to Sunday 6.00am
Monday to Friday Basic x 1.25 - 6.00pm to following 6.00am
Sunday Basic x 1.75 - 6.00pm to Monday 6.00am
Additional shift cover may be required due to annual leave.
To apply please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.