Visit our events page, and connect with us at one of our upcoming tradeshows.
The National Congress of the SMBB is held every two years, and has been constituted as the most important forum at national level and with international projection to discuss the new tendencies and advances of biotechnology applied to different sectors, such as agri-food, pharmaceutical, industrial, energetic and environmental.
The objective of the 18th National Congress is to provide a forum for the presentation and critical debate on the new tendencies and advances of biotechnology and bioengineering in Mexico, within the following thematic areas:
1. Enzymatic Biotechnology and Biocatalysis
2. Agricultural, Vegetal and Marine Biotechnology
3. Food and Beverage Biotechnology
4. Environmental Biotechnology
5. Bioenergy and Biofuels
6. Biopolymers and Biomaterials
7. Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Biotechnology
8. Microbial Physiology and Omic Sciences
9. Bioengineering and Fermentation
10. Biotechnology, Society, Industry and Sustainable Development
The scientific program of the 18th National Congress will be made up of plenary lectures, simultaneous symposia, presentation of free work, courses and technical conferences.