Regional Sales Manager
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Minimum five (5) years of customer service and direct sales experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with focus on chromatography required. Previous experience in selling or supporting ion exchange and protein A affinity chromatography media (polymeric or agarose) required. Preference given to candidates located in Europe.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Exceptional communication skills with ability to effectively explain products and services in a professional and engaging manner. Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to work autonomously with little direction from others as well as work in teams to bring value to our customers. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products as well as previous experience with CRM products i.e., Dynamics, Salesforce, Zoho, etc. Must be able to provide verbal and written solutions to customers effectively. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Ability to start selling from day one to existing and past contacts with no sales training. Emphasis on strong prospecting and closing sales that result from such prospecting is essential for this position.
- Develop regional strategy to achieve sales budget and deliver growth targets for assigned territory. Promote Purolite products to new and emerging companies. Provide technical expertise to customer network as required.
- Effectively identify and communicate new product opportunities and applications internally to promote continued success at Purolite. Negotiate technical and commercial terms including CDA and supply agreements (in co-ordination with Legal) of each opportunity within assigned territory.
- Effectively manage the sales cycle process, and coordinate with all stakeholders to design in Purolite resins and overcome objections.
- Ensure forecasting of resin demand is accurately communicated internally, reflected in the manufacturing build schedule.
- Provide monthly and bimonthly report on time. Attend team calls. Using knowledge obtained from customer discussions/meetings, feedback unmet needs to enable new product developments.
- Able to focus on key projects and to prioritize customers’ requirements.
- Actively participate and engage in technical seminars, trade shows, speaking engagements on behalf of Purolite. Provide territory reports as required by management during sales calls and meetings. Performs other duties required to promote Purolite to our customer base.
- Comfortable with travel for about 50% of the time.
- Able to comprehend technical information related to chromatography resins and their applications. Capable of conversing effectively with contacts in R&D, engineering, procurement, and purchasing.
Ideal candidate can work in a cross-functional environment providing details and recommendations to other members of the organization ensuring effective operation. Collaboration is often required to achieve common goals across the organization. An ideal candidate regularly communicates ideas and effective strategies to management and colleagues. Only passionate individuals need to apply.
Position Location and starting date:
Sales Managers operate from their home office. Domestic and international travel is required.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Purolite reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee
To apply please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org