Department: Agarose Manufacturing
Reports To: Production Manager AMF
Who Are We
Purolite is the world leader in resin-based separation, purification and extraction technologies, with R&D and manufacturing facilities in several key locations around the world, including the UK, USA, China and Romania. We provide innovative solutions to global pharmaceutical, power, hydrometallurgy, electronics, ground water and Life Sciences industries.
Purolite Life Sciences is a rapidly growing division of Purolite, employing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to support cutting-edge applications in the production of vital medicines, nutraceuticals, foods, beverages and cosmetics. As a global business we pride ourselves on ensuring staff are given the autonomy to thrive in their respective areas and an entrepreneurial, free-thinking culture is encouraged in all functions of the Life Sciences division.
Why Choose Purolite
- A world-leading international organization, benefitting from a diverse, multinational team
- A fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly growing environment
- Manufacture of high-quality technical products, developed hand-in-hand with leading minds in the industry
- Entrepreneurial workplace culture with a flat management structure, encouraging new approaches and ideas
The main purposes of this role to ensure delivery to meet customer requirements by taking full ownership of all aspects of packaging. This will require excellent communication, organisation, and attention to detail. Purolite expects the role holder to drive these aspects and take responsibility for all outgoing orders. This includes forward planning for weekends.
This role would be perfect for a person with a hands-on approach with the eagerness to learn and attend challenging courses to improve their skillset.
- Commitments to full ownership of the packaging requirements to ensure completion on time and in full, which includes being on call for weekends for critical packaging matters if necessary.
- Responsible for adhering to the packaging schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring product can be shipped to meet customer requirements i.e. checking packaging documentation is fully completed by all departments involved.
- Oversight of the full packaging process to ensure adherence to safety, quality, and environmental procedures.
- Coordinating and working with other production operators and team leaders to meet packaging goals.
- Assisting with scheduling packaging to maximise production output.
- Responsible for monitoring of all consumables used in the packaging process.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the management of the company.
- Few years experience in packing environment
- Attention to detail,
- Good standard of numeracy
- Good knowledge of IT and Microsoft packages
- Educated to an a-level standard
- Ability to perform under pressure, work in a team, and a hands-on approach
The position is 4 days on, 4 days off, 6.30am to 6.30pm. You will be able to join the pension scheme (details of which are given when the employee starts his/her position).
There is a life assurance which is 4 x the salary.
An employee benefits package will be available to the employee.
Salary: hourly rate of £12.53
Saturday Basic x 1.5 - 6.30am to 6.30pm
Sunday Basic x 1.5 - 6.30am to 6.30pm
Saturday Basic x 1.75 - 6.30pm to Sunday 6.30am
Monday to Friday Basic x 1.25 - 6.30pm to following 6.30am
Sunday Basic x 1.75 - 6.30pm to Monday 6.30am
Additional shift cover may be required due to annual leave.
Should you have any interest with the position please send your details (resume, C.V.) to email@example.com