Working Schedule: 4 days on, 4 days off, 10-hour shifts
Department: QC Department
Reports To: QC Supervisor
Who are we
Purolite is the world leader in resin-based separation, purification and extraction technologies, with R&D and manufacturing facilities in several key locations around the world, including the UK, USA, China and Romania. We provide innovative solutions to global pharmaceutical, power, hydrometallurgy, electronics, ground water and Life Sciences industries.
Purolite Healthcare & Life Sciences is a rapidly growing division of Purolite, employing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to support applications in the production of vital medicines, nutraceuticals, foods, beverages and cosmetics. As a family-operated, yet global business, we pride ourselves on ensuring staff are given the autonomy to thrive in their respective areas and an entrepreneurial, free-thinking culture is encouraged in all functions of the Healthcare & Life Sciences division.
Why choose Purolite?
- A world-leading international organization, benefitting from a diverse, multinational team. A fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly growing environment.
- An entrepreneurial workplace culture encouraging of new approaches and ideas.
- Work with the latest generation in resin technology to help customers develop targeted biotherapeutic medicines.
- To perform routine analysis of finished products in an efficient and effective manner in full compliance with relevant documented procedures.
- Development and validation of analytical test methods in an efficient and effective manner in full compliance with relevant documented procedures and regulatory requirements.
- To be able to plan and prioritise own day to day workload.
- To assist in preparation of technical documentation within the Department, as required.
To assist in training of others, as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with departmental procedures.
- To assist in the performance of project work within the team, as required.
- To review analytical and laboratory data within the team for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or related subject.
- Experience in using FPLC, HPLC, GC, UV/Vis and wet chemistry analytical techniques.
- Must be a self-motivated person who is methodical, organised and has excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently is a requirement.
- Good communication skills are essential as role requires co-ordination of work with others.
- 12 months experience working in an ISO: 9001, FDA, MHRA regulated laboratory.
- Knowledge or experience of downstream process chromatographic material.
- Experience of packing chromatographic material into columns.
- Experience of using FPLC systems.
The work pattern is 4 days, 4 days off start at 7.00am to 6.00pm with one hour for lunch.
There is a life assurance which is 4 x the salary.
The hourly rate is £12.53 with premium rates – detailed as below:-
- Saturday Basic x 1.5 - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Sunday Basic x 1.5 - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday Basic x 1.75 - 6.00pm to Sunday 7.00am
- Monday - Friday Basic x 1.25 - 6.00pm to following 7.00am
- Sunday Basic x 1.75 - 6.00pm to Monday 7.00am
Access to own transport.
To apply please send your C.V. to email@example.com.