Warehouse and Materials Manager
Manufacturing: 8 years (Preferred)
Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
The Warehouse and Materials Manager is responsible for Inventory Control, Material Handling, Shipping, Receiving, Packing, Warehousing, Logistics and Supply Chain Operations. Responsible for subordinate supervisors, and the direction and coordination of all warehousing activities of the facility. Manages all warehouse personnel and activities including receiving, storage and shipment of raw materials and/or finished goods and the maintenance of inventory control records. Responsible for the movement of materials and goods within the facility. Coordinates import/export supply chain activities.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
BS/BA in Business Management or technical/business training beyond high school and 8+ years of experience or equivalent. Experience in a manufacturing environment or sophisticated warehouse distribution operation highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Computer literate with advanced writing skills. Ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner. Must be able to communicate with visitors, plant personnel, contractors, vendors and Corporate Customer Service, Finance and Management functions. Familiarity and experience using business information systems, supply chain management systems and inventory control systems required.
Responsibilities and Authority:
There are supervisory responsibilities associated with this position as outlined below.
- Supervises warehouse and materials control personnel including shipping/receiving technicians, packers, material handlers and logistics including warehouse supervisors.
- Coordinates shipping schedules and logistics with customer service and production.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation (including DOT, DHS, HazMat, Reach/CLP requirements); enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Directs the allocation of raw materials, supplies, and finished goods to/from shipping and production operations.
- Complete responsibility for conducting site wide physical inventory protocols including periodic cycle counting. Reconciles physical inventory with perpetual electronic inventory on NHBA.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for equipment and facility repairs and replacements.
- Responsible for maximizing the efficiency of materials flows to/from warehouse and production to various warehouse storage areas and maximizing the storage capacity by specific location in each area. Assists in the design and implementation of new warehouse racking systems.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Includes meeting established objectives in reducing finished goods and hold stock inventories.
- Coordinates and supervises the storage and shipment of finished product to worldwide locations as appropriate.
- Leads and manages the enhancement and implementation of improved inventory, NHBA/ERP, and Zoho systems as they apply to warehouse and materials management operations.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing and distribution services.
- Managers the repacking department responsible for transfer of product to/from various forms of packing options including bags, supersacks, drums and boxes. Schedules repacking department and assures proper documentation and electronic inventory adjustment transactions into NHBA.
- Manages receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing warehouse operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures conformance with all customer specific shipping and labelling instructions and requirements.
- Design strategies to minimize cost or time required to move goods by location.
- Tracks and presents shipping and inventory performance data and metrics to management.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols per site safety and DHS programs.
- Maintains efficient organization of all Plant warehouses to ensure efficient work and material flows. Ensures products are always stored in proper locations as per established warehouse storage layout locations by product type and quantity.
- Manages the maintenance and integrity of warehouse racking and storage systems and forklifts working closely with the Plant Maintenance Department.
- Assures the proper function and accuracy of material movements physically and electronically in NHBA by assuring scanners and electronic automation systems are working properly.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by participating on various related continuous improvement teams.
- Studies production schedule and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Particularly in warehouse re-packing operations.
- Enforces safety regulations pertaining to warehouse and material handling operations.
- Maintains time and attendance records for all warehouse personnel and approves payroll for all warehouse employees.
- Participates in the management and control of global supply chain operations including brought in copolymer and resin from other plants and suppliers. Coordinates timing of receipt of these materials to assure materials are received into proper storage locations that do not exceed storage capacity.
- Interfaces with other department personnel in the corporate office, administration and plant locations as necessary
- Requires good communication, interpersonal skills and interacts well with external customers, visitors, employees and management in other departments
Position operates in an environment in which there may be temperature extremes and exposure to weather, excessive noise and vibrations, moving mechanical parts, electric shock, hazardous chemicals, gases, odors, hot liquids or equipment. May work in high, low or confined spaces.
Physical requirements: Requires ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, up to and including twelve hours; walk, bend, reach, grasp, handle, push, pull, twist, kneel, squat, carry and lift uneven loads. Lift floor to waist, lift waist level and above, including overhead, with occasional lifting over 50 lbs. Contact stress on body from tools, machines or equipment. Climb step stools, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
Visual requirements: Requires ability to use tools, machinery or lab equipment, including viewing computer screens, write and review documentation. Close visual acuity in order to perform mechanical or skilled trade tasks; inspect parts and machinery; fabricate or assemble parts. Ability to operate light and heavy equipment, motor vehicles.
Close visual acuity in order to read small print, analyze data, transcribe, determine the accuracy, neatness or thoroughness of assigned work or work area.
Hearing requirements: Talk and/or hear normal audible sounds including the spoken work and sounds over the telephone. Understand and convey spoken instructions accurately, softly, loudly or quickly, frequently in a noisy environment.
Mental requirements: Ability to comprehend complex information or instructions, interpret and convey in information in a written or oral format.
Emotional demands: Ability and willingness to deal with high stress face paced situations and make accurate and quick decisions.
Equipment use: Extensive computer use, frequent use of lab equipment, forklift, and other machinery and tools
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. The Purolite Corporation reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday to Friday
Manufacturing: 8 years (Preferred)
Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)