Technical Sales Specialist
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Required)
West (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, AK, HI) with an emphasis on Northwest.
Meet and exceed sales budget through business development, customer management, and supporting the regional business plan
Educational and Experience Requirements:
B.S. Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, or equivalent industry experience required, with at least 2 years of sales experience. Prior experience with CRM systems strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Proven sales and negotiation skills to meet or exceed targets. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to articulate key aspects of product lines and services. Customer-focused and driven to achieve sales goals. Computer literate with advanced writing skills. Has the ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and Purolite staff.
Responsibilities and Authority
Contacts and Relationships:
- To achieve the Sales Budget for the various areas under his/her responsibility
- To promote the Purolite product range and the company’s image
- To focus the sales and marketing efforts and to regularly update our list of references for the sales areas.
- To train, motivate and control the distributor network within the sales areas.
- To give the Sales team, the agents and clients all the technical assistance required for the negotiation of projects and the settlement of any claim.
- To identify any opportunity of interest in terms of new markets, new applications and product requirements and to define the strategy allowing us to reinforce our position (market share, price level, margin, customer follow-up and confidence).
- To negotiate the technical and commercial terms of each business dealt with in the sales area in the framework of our Company resources and within the terms of reference
- To handle the promotion for sales areas including emails, technical seminars, publicity campaigns.
- To fully brief his/her superior after each trip through detailed visit reports, list of business achievements, and actions to be developed (such as offers, sample requests, technical literature).
- To cover the office responsibilities in the absence of other key personnel · Visit customers on a regular basis. Expected travel is minimum 50%.
- To learn the technical details for selling ion exchange resin and absorbents
- Support other sales personnel with technical knowledge and information
- Continue to develop relationships & accounts; updating CRM system as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Interfaces with other department personnel in the corporate office, administration and plant locations as necessary
- Requires good communication, interpersonal skills and interacts well with external customers, visitors, employees and management in other departments
Position operates in a home office environment that is generally free of excessive noise, temperature extremes or other hazards.
Requires ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, up to and including eight hours; walk, bend, reach, grasp, handle, push, pull, twist, kneel, squat, carry, lift and climb. Lift floor to waist up to and including 25 lbs. Climb step stools, stairs.
Requires ability to use office equipment including viewing computer screens, write and review documentation. Close visual acuity in order to read small print, analyze data, transcribe, determine the accuracy, neatness or thoroughness of assigned work or work area.
Talk and/or hear normal audible sounds including the spoken word and sounds over the telephone. Understand and convey spoken instructions accurately, softly, loudly or quickly.
Ability to comprehend complex information or instructions, interpret and convey information in a written or oral format.
Ability and willingness to deal with high stress fast paced situations and make accurate and quick decisions.
Extensive computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other software programs. Frequent use of printer, scanner and other office equipment.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. The Purolite Corporation reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
Sales Experience: 2 years (Required)