- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Certified Public Accountant is a plus.
Knowlege, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- 7 years of experience in general ledger accounting, account reconciliations, and/or audit experience in a corporate environment, preferably in manufacturing.
- Experience with fixed assets and payroll software applications (Thompson Reuters and ADP).
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry and a privately held, family-owned business is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of sales and use tax.
- Advanced knowledge of all accounting related facets of ERP systems (XVP_NHBA), and Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient analytical and research skills for financial and operating data utilizing reporting tools(OneStream). Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Well versed in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Computer literate with advanced writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Product Suite and extensive experience with ERP systems.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize responsibilities and business needs.
- Has the ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with visitors, professional and plant personnel.
- Monitor compliance with company policies and procedures.
This position will rotate between work from home and in-office.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Perform month-end closing, including journal entries, general ledger analysis and account reconciliations.
- Maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Take ownership of research and development, fixed asset and prepaid accounting functions.
- Monitor capital expenditures budgets against spend.
- Perform all accounting functions for legal subsidiary; Pur-C.
- Ensure state sales and use tax compliance through sales and purchases for preparation of returns.
- Calculate quarterly commission payments.
- Record biweekly payroll to general ledger and provide reporting as need.
- Prepares information for Canadian GST tax return and other returns as necessary.
- Assisting with annual audit and tax requests as necessary.
- Back-up for accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Participate in streamlining accounting processes and developing new policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
A. Interfaces with other department personnel in the corporate office, administration and plant locations as necessary
B. Requires good communication, interpersonal skills and interacts well with external customers, visitors, employees and management in other departments
Position operates in an office environment that is generally free of excessive noise, temperature extremes or other hazards. Position temporarily authorized to work remote on a rotational basis.
Physical requirements: Requires ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, up to and including eight hours; walk, bend, reach, grasp, handle, push, pull, twist, kneel, squat, carry, lift and climb. Lift floor to waist up to and including 25 lbs. Climb step stools, stairs.
Visual requirements: Requires ability to use office equipment including viewing computer screens, write and review documentation. Close visual acuity in order to read small print, analyze data, transcribe, determine the accuracy, neatness or thoroughness of assigned work or work area.
Hearing requirements: Talk and/or hear normal audible sounds including the spoken word and sounds over the telephone. Understand and convey spoken instructions accurately, softly, loudly or quickly.
Mental requirements: Ability to comprehend complex information or instructions, interpret and convey information in a written or oral format.
Emotional demands: Ability and willingness to deal with high stress fast paced situations and make accurate and quick decisions.
Equipment use: Extensive computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other software programs. Frequent use of fax, copier, scanner, postage machine and other office equipment.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. The Purolite Corporation reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee.
Purolite is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending
- Account Health
- Insurance Life
- Insurance Paid
- Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday Experience:
- King of Prussia, PA 19406 (Required)
- Public Accountant (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click here to apply.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19