Project / Process Engineer
The Process/Project engineer performs duties as they relate to optimizing productivity, quality, cost and capacity of the plant. Responsible for the testing and scale up processes. Provides support to production, EHS, Maintenance and quality/management systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong background in chemistry/chemical engineering and chemical processes.
- Must have a good understanding of all Cation and Regeneration area procedures.
- Computer literate with advanced writing skills. Has the ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner.
- Must be able to communicate with visitors, professional and plant personnel. Comfortable in a hands-on role troubleshooting equipment problem working with Plant operations personnel.
- Requires ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, up to and including eight hours; walk, bend, reach, grasp, handle, push, pull, twist, kneel, squat, carry, lift and climb.
- Lift floor to waist up to and including 25 lbs.
- Climb step stools, stairs.
- Requires ability to use office equipment including viewing computer screens, write and review documentation.
- Close visual acuity in order to read small print, analyze data, transcribe, determine the accuracy, neatness or thoroughness of assigned work or work area.
- Talk and/or hear normal audible sounds including the spoken word and sounds over the telephone.
- Understand and convey spoken instructions accurately, softly, loudly or quickly.
Responsibilities of this position include
- Ability to comprehend complex information or instructions, interpret and convey information in a written or oral format.
- Ability and willingness to deal with high stress fast paced situations and make accurate and quick decisions.
- Extensive computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other software programs. Frequent use of fax, copier, scanner, postage machine and other office equipment.
- Studies, designs, assembles and carries out plant trials in ion exchange research, product and process development, and product refinement.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Recommends new, or modification of existing equipment, instruments or control schemes.
- Maintains and troubleshoots process equipment and instrumentation.
- Assists in operational systems maintenance and reporting accuracy including production planning/scheduling, paper-to-electronic production and inventory system entry transactions for all production cost centers- Copolymer, Cation, Regen and Microlite.
- Primary focus on hands-on process troubleshooting of specialty products across all production cost centers particularly UCW, NRW, and cation specialties and water purification systems in general.
- Supports all Environmental, Health and Safety activities including permitting, plant safety engineering and hazard analysis, and ISO management systems related to EHS. Participates in all EHS compliance, training and engineering initiatives.
- Performs general process/project engineering functions related to equipment design, PFD/P&ID development ad start-up.
- Planning and execution of CapEx projects.
- Developing process P&ID drawings.
- Revising and editing existing P&ID drawings as changes in the plant are made.
- Creating and reading CAD assembly drawings to interface with outside fabrication shops.
- Developing and maintaining Preventive and Predictive Maintenance procedures for Plant equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems with automated systems and/or adds enhancements to the systems.
- Planning and executing modifications to existing pump and piping systems to optimize performance and safety of plant chemical transfer systems.
- Planning and executing modifications to existing plant high pressure steam and condensate piping to optimize distribution in the plant.
- Assist with the design, assembly and testing of Pilot test rigs for Sales Dept. Requisitions and maintains supplies as needed for assigned projects.
- Trains operators or other personnel as required.
- Supervises plant personnel as required.
- Conduct research in developing new processes and techniques.
- Provide technical support to plant production personnel.
- Attend key performance meetings related to production, quality and engineering.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and 2-5 years hands-on plant experience in a specialty chemical manufacturing environment.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. The Purolite Corporation reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract with the employee.
- Position operates in a plant office environment that is generally free of excessive noise, temperature extremes or other hazards.
This company describes its culture as
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Click Here to Apply
- Innovative – innovative and risk taking.
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative.
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision oriented.