2nd Operator – Packaging – Philadelphia, PA, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Rotating Shifts
Educational and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or the equivalent. Previous mechanical skills or chemical processing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements: Must be safety conscious at all times for self and others. Computer literate with advanced writing skills. Has the ability to initiate tasks and work in an independent manner. Must be able to communicate with visitors, professional and plant personnel.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Performs simultaneously the operation of 5 packaging hoppers; This includes equipment to dewater, sampling of product weighing and packaging of product to documented procedures
- Consistently follows label reconciliation procedures with a high level of accuracy of label information
- Reads night notes accurately to package material in correct
- Responsible to keep production times as to not allow the production plant to get delayed
- Monitors product yields; Works with the shift supervisor to resolve yield inconsistencies
- Responsible to ensure packages are neat and suitable to ship to customer
- Must qualify as a licensed forklift operator
- Reports unusual occurrences relating to packing and equipment to the shift supervisor
- Consistently follows plant GMPs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds plus packages
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.